Sunday 6 July 2014

Service

Sundays are always family days for me. I go to church with my whole family and then we later go for breakfast together. It's something we have done pretty much since I was a kid.

Today was particularly fun for me because I was serving in Church. Recently, I became a scripture reader. As of today, I've read 3 times in church.

Ever since my first reading, I've found that I truly enjoy reading the scripture to the church. It's one of my favourite things to do now.

Today was special because it was Youth Sunday. So Pastor Daniel was there. In addition to him, there were our 3 other pastors and our new pastor all sitting there. To make things more stressful, my cousin, who was the reason I wanted to go into scripture reading in the first place was finally back from Sydney after about 6 months. This was the first time she was going to hear me read.





I was very very nervous. I needed to be perfect up there. I could not afford to screw up. Unfortunately, I have a bit of a problem when I get nervous. I tend to move around a bit and I will read really fast.

When I went up today to read, I had so many things on my mind. 'Don't move around'. 'Read slowly'. 'Pronounce your end consonants'. 'Be clear'. 'Look up'. 'Don't lose your place'. 'Don't screw up'. It was nerve-racking.

After my reading, I was told by my family that I was moving a little and I read pretty fast. Though apparently I was very clear so it didn't matter that I was a bit fast.



After that  had to immediately go up to the projection room to do the slides for Pastor Daniel's sermon.

We went to Han's after that for a simple breakfast.

Overall It was a good morning I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment