Wednesday 16 July 2014

Words

 I don't want to hold my words in if I don't have to. Often I make excuses as to why I don't put my thoughts into words. I write full blog posts in my head but I never take them out because I'm afraid. I'm afraid of my words. 

In this day and age, words, even the most carefully crafted ones, can get you into a lot of trouble. Because if you don't agree with the majority, you are labelled. You are judged. People no longer care about your opinion if it is not in sync with the majority. How is that fair? I have opinions. They are  just not what the majority think. But if I write down what I really feel, just like the many people that have gone before me, I will be put down and people will viciously come after me.

How do we expect to grow? How are we expected to understand the views of others if the minority is afraid to write what they really feel? I'm not talking about racism or anything that any moral human being would know as being wrong and unacceptable. I'm talking about controversial issues. Things like LGBT, abortion rights, feminism. 

If people are so quick to violently cut down opinions, soon everyone will become part of the silent bunch. Now that  I've gotten that out and thought about it, I've decided that I don't want to be that person. I want to be able to write what I want in the kindest way possible. I want to be able to write intelligently, my opinions and such. Because if the majority can air their views without getting flack, then so should the minority.



No comments:

Post a Comment