Friday 19 September 2014

Is It Easy For You To Trust Others?

Hey guys! Welcome back today's blog post. Oh my. Today was such a busy day. I think this was the busiest day I've ever had since my holidays started. That my friend, is saying something. So my day started at about 7am when I woke up from a weird dream and couldn't go back to sleep. I later went with my mom to get a pedicure. I got the cutest owl nail art done. Adorable huh? The one on the right is Edgar and the one on the left is Ellen.


We then had to get some stuff done. I won't bore you with the details but basically my Kindle is now on it's way back to Amazon. We got home and at about 4pm, my dad came home. He left tonight for a 10 day business trip in Europe and South Africa so he came home early to pack and sort stuff out. 

I spent the rest of the day sitting on his bed and helping him pack. It was so chaotic. I was quite surprised because usually my dad is a pro at packing and it's usually the rest of us that struggle like crazy to pack. But today he was in such a state. So I had to help him out and thankfully I did because he nearly forgot to pack pants and he packed his toiletry bag and then put it all back in the drawer instead of in his suitcase (good job dad!). 

After that, we left to drive around the F1 tracks. It's F1 weekend here in Singapore and it's been a kind of tradition that every year, my dad will drive us around the roads that go by the track and we will hear the sounds of the cars and sometimes see them zooming by. We do that for the thrill of it really. None of us except my dad enjoys F1 so it's a waste to spend hundreds of bucks for a seat there. Usually only my dad goes for the races. 

So we did that but because the new MCP or something just opened, (it's basically like an underwater road thing that leads goodness knows where. It's supposedly revolutionary. I don't know.) we got lost. So this year we only did one round. 

We then drove to the airport to drop my dad off. I've been feeling so crappy all week about the fact that he was leaving. It's always been super hard for me when my dad goes on business trips. When I was younger, I used to cry and cry every time he left. I'm obviously too old to be sobbing for my dad. I get that he has a job to do but I am going to miss him and of course I'm worried about his safety. 

He's going to be spending almost 24 hours in the air going to Amsterdam and then later to South Africa. And that's not including the 12 hours back to Singapore. And South Africa isn't the safest place. And yes. I'm talking about Ebola in addition to crime and stuff. If my facts are wrong, it's only because I don't want to research it. My dad told me Ebola isn't in Cape town, where he's going. So I'm going to take it at that. I'm worried enough as it is. I don't need the internet to scare me anymore.

I'm handling it pretty well I think. It's even harder when he leaves at night but for some reason I don't feel so crappy anymore. I've been praying over him and I think God is giving me peace. I don't know. I would love to hear in the comments if you've experienced this before too.

Now on to lighter topics. I got my results today. My GPA is 3.4 which is not the best ever but I feel like I gave my 100% in every single assignment so I'm not too disheartened or anything because I know that I put in my all and I worked hard and I'm proud of that.

Also, I got great news today. I don't want to give too much away or else I won't have anything much to write on Tuesday but I will say this. I have been asked to go to the SG50 youth Social Con as a media representative. A freaking media representative! That's like official stuff! I'm so excited. I've never done anything like this so of course I'm nervous and clueless but I'm also excited and so grateful for the opportunity to help spread word of a social issue that will help people. More on this next Tuesday though.
-
Okay, on to today's topic. No I don't really find it easy to trust others. I'm very introverted and I tend to be a lot more careful with who I trust. Mostly because when I was between the ages of 10-14, I had to learn to be careful with what I said to who and I had to learn to be careful with what I said all the time because our family was going through a horrible time. So now I guess I'm just more careful.
-
I'm exhausted so good night. Comment below and tell me how you feel about trusting others. See you tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment