Tuesday 16 September 2014

What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up?

I realised something. After blogging early yesterday, I found myself to be much more productive. I don't know it was interesting. So I decided to start extra early today in the hopes that perhaps today will be extra productive. Its 10.30am now.
-
I have known ever since I was 10 that I wanted to grow up to be a writer. I didn't know what exactly I wanted to do but I knew that I wanted to write. By the time, I was 15, I had my whole life figured out basically. I wanted to study mass communication in polytechnic. Then I would do journalism in New York University. New York would be my new home and I would get a job as a journalist at the New York Times.


Of course I would be the youngest, highest paid journalist there with an office that had glass wall all around it. I am very ambitious. So far, I have made it to my first checkpoint. I am in year 1 at Ngee Ann Poly doing Mass Communications. I have written 2 published news articles, won a national SPH competition and published a book. I am also an intern at a newspaper currently now that I'm on break.

I am scared of my next checkpoint because New York is very far away from Singapore obviously. Also I'll need a scholarship and it's going to be a huge thing. Thankfully I still have about 2 years to figure it all out.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment