Thursday 20 November 2014

Breakdown (Crash Into Me #1) By Amanda Lance


Charlotte Ferro is about to jump.

Yet nothing ruins a perfectly good suicide attempt worse than a handsome do-gooder. After William O’Reilly convinces her to take one last ride with him, Charlotte finds herself forgetting about her own problems and enjoying a world of which she never dreamed.

Now addicted to the rush of fast cars and cool criminals, Charlotte finds herself leaning less towards the ledge and more toward the arms of her savior. But with reasons of his own for keeping Charlotte safe from herself, William is reluctant to involve her in his criminal undertakings. Will his career choice keep them apart? Will Charlotte’s painful past? -Goodreads


-

Can I just say that I absolutely loved this book! It was so sweet and romantic and it made me feel so mushy and gushy on the inside. If I could describe the book with one emoji, it would be the one with the hearts as eyes. Last night I stayed up till like 1.30am without realising it because I desperately wanted to keep reading. In fact I was so sad when it was over because it just made my heart melt.

Okay. I shall get a grip now.

So this book starts with Charlotte attempting to jump off an overpass. She has planned her suicide very well and everything is going perfectly until a stranger drives up and starts talking to her. Realising that she was actually there to commit suicide, the stranger insist upon taking her to her first street race. The adrenaline and the energy she experienced there made her start craving this rush. While chasing this rush she finds herself slowly falling hopelessly in love with this stranger.

The description of this book sounds hopelessly typical. It sounds like it's just a cheesy romance story. In many ways, that is exactly what it is. However the backstory of the characters, their dark pasts and their illegal jobs all come into play to make this an extremely memorable book. 

I would certainly recommend this book to anyone looking for a good old romantic story.

My Rating: 5/5 
Purchase the books at The Book Depositary using my special link Here

No comments:

Post a Comment