Saturday 15 November 2014

The Shopaholic Series By Sophie Kinsella


MEET BECKY BLOOMWOOD, AN IRRESISTIBLE HEROINE WITH A BIG HEART, BIG DREAMS --- AND JUST ONE LITTLE WEAKNESS .. (Goodreads)


About a month ago, I decided that I wanted to read the famous Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. It seemed like a very teenage kind of book at first but I felt like I was missing out on something good. So I got the books and after 4 weeks, I finished reading all 7 books.

I enjoyed the series so much. I fell in love with Becky Bloomwood and her quirkiness. I thought she was a cute character that was very child-like in her dealings with people.

Basically the seven books follow Becky Bloomwood as she moves through life. Becky has an addiction to shopping and is known for royally screwing up everything she touches. The book follows Becky from the time when she is a small-time financial journalist and travels with her as she meets her big-time husband, moves to New York, gets married, has a child and as she attempts to break into the fashion industry.

I really loved this book because of the way Becky thinks. I felt like it was a lot like the way I think. I see and hear things and immediately start thinking of how amazing it would be if I was famous and if I had my face everywhere.

I think I mentioned how I saw a lot of myself in Becky in one of my Sunday Summaries.

The book isn't very intellectually stimulating and sometimes it can be a little cheesy and predictable. There is the traditional thing that goes wrong and the miraculous saving of the day at the last minute in every book. At times, Luke says and does things that seem unrealistic and very cheesy but hey. This is a romantic story too.

Anyway, if you haven't read it, you really should because it's just wonderful and it will really make you laugh. I read some of the reviews of this book too so let me just say right now that if you can't enjoy a funny and simple book, then don't read it. It's not meant to be a serious read that makes you think. It's just fun.

In other news, Sophie Kinsella replied me on Twitter and she retweeted a tweet with a link to this post!!


Purchase the books at The Book Depositary using my special link Here

No comments:

Post a Comment