Wednesday 24 December 2014

Eighteen

It's been a while since I've written a personal post like this but yesterday was my birthday and I couldn't think of a better time to post something personal.

So yes, yesterday was my 18th birthday! I couldn't be more excited. Honestly I'm like an 8 year old when it comes to my birthday.


I guess it because all my life, my parents have treated my birthday like it was the biggest deal in the world. I'm not complaining of course. But yes, my dad takes an off day from work every year on the 23rd of December and we will go out to somewhere special and have fun the whole day and eat at my favourite restaurants.

This year, my birthday started at midnight as it always does. Everyone stayed up and my family sang me a happy birthday and then gave me my presents. It was very nice. I got a lot of cool stuff from them.


My dad got me 3 Lush bath bombs and a card saying that my second present was on it's way to Singapore. My mom got me a full makeup set (my first one omg!) and my brother got me an owl backpack.

We went to Food For Thought for breakfast where I had dark chocolate pancakes with mixed berries. The berries were warm haha.







We went home and I watched the final episode of The Newsroom with my dad. Omg I cried. If you haven't seen it yet, the next two GIFs have spoilers so...







We then went to Pasta Brava for dinner. That was awesome.
Tiramisu
Spinach Ravioli
Aglio Olio
Then, I went to No.5 at Emerald Hill with my cousins for my first ever bar drinking session. They wanted to take me out and it was my first time at a bar (obviously) and I had two drinks that they ordered for me because I literally had no idea what on earth I was doing. They ordered some Vodka on rocks with lime thing and another strong drink that I still don't know the name of. 

It was awesome. I had so much fun and by the end of the night, I was quite high. I couldn't really walk straight of stay still. I kept lilting. Everything was just funnier and happier  which was quite interesting. I kept having to pee and every time  I looked at myself at the mirror, I realised that I didn't look like how I usually do. It was weird. 
I got home at like 12.30am and I went to bed at nearly 2am. I had such a great night. I also think I learnt that I don't sleep well with alcohol. I kept waking up. I was up at least 2 or 3 times last night. Once at 5am and I got up and I realised that I was so so hungry. I've never felt like that when I wake up in the middle of the night. It was so weird. I also had a slight headache but thankfully that was all. 


Overall, I had the best birthday. It was so much fun. 





P.S. I apologise if the pictures and GIFs in this post are messy looking. I kept trying and trying to make them seem lovely but it wouldn't work very well. So this is the best I could do. Also it's 2am on Christmas morning but I'm going to set the date as the 24th so I don't have to rewrite the intro and things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment