Thursday 1 January 2015

Happy New Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!



If you are reading this, then you should know that I'm still in Bali. I've been gone since the 26th and I'll only be home on the 4th of January. So I'm spending New Year's in Bali with my mom and brother. I was worried about the internet connection there and also I wasn't bringing my laptop with me so I actually wrote this post on Christmas morning (at 2am) and I scheduled it to go up while I'm away.
-
So it's 2015. Wow. Time really flew didn't it? Seemed like just yesterday that we were starting 2014 doesn't it. It's such a cliché thing to say but it's true. I mean time really does fly.

This year has honestly been one of the best years of my life. It was the year that I finally got to be truly happy and to be in a place where I could learn things I love alongside people who ran on the same wavelengths as me. This was the year that I said yes to many things. This was the year that I pushed myself out of my comfort zone to the best of my ability. This was the year that I got to help people and hear their stories. I have made so many friends both online and in real life. I have gotten so many opportunities with this blog. I have grown into myself. I am finally so so happy.

I know that many of you out there may not have had a very good year. But I wanted to tell you that it's okay. It's okay if you screwed up something this year. It's okay if something bad happened. It's okay if you aren't where you hoped you would be. You know why? Because you get a clean slate today. Today you get the chance to start over. It's back to day one.

You may think to yourself, "Oh well I've already screwed up so royally, nothing can help me so I might as well give up." But no. It's never too late to pick yourself up and try again. You can do it! If you didn't have the strength in 2014, trust me, you will find it in 2015.

It's your choice. It's your choice if you want to lay down and let life walk all over you. It's your choice if you want to stand up and smile and laugh at life. YOU and only you have the power to make 2015 count.

To end of, I thought I would take some time to share with you three of my New Year Resolutions in the hope that they might inspire you a little.

  1. Say yes more often. 
  2. Be confident. I am not an ugly person and I have no reason to feel that way.
  3. Don't let anxiety and worry control you.
I would very much like to hear what some of your resolutions are and I would love it if you posted them in the comments.

Thank you for sticking with my blog for the last 6 months and for contributing to making my 2014 such an awesome one. Once again, happy new year and I hope that each an everyone of you reading this has an amazing, dynamic and awesome 2015. See you when I get back from Bali!

No comments:

Post a Comment