Thursday 9 April 2015

I'm Back + Life Updates


Hey guys I'm back! Well okay I've been home for about a week or so now but I'm back to blogging. Going away for two weeks really messed up my blogging schedule and my body clock and basically everything and I'm only just starting to feel like things are settling down again. So let me give you my updates.

1) I said that I would try to blog every day while I was away as sort of a travel journal thing. However, the reason why I didn't do that was because our trip was jam packed. We were constantly doing something. We left early in the morning and came back usually pretty late. And when we were given free time, my friends and I just didn't want to sit around in the hotel so we explored what we could in the vicinity of our hotel. Then, since I was on the writing team, there were nights when I was up till 2am doing articles for something we did during the day. It was pretty busy and I had no time to blog. So I decided that it would be a good little break for me. Ever since I started this blog about 9 months ago, I've been posting regularly. So this was a nice little break for me and I think it made me hungry to get back to the keyboard and I'm excited to be back.

2) I am planning to do a photo journal sort of post over here. One for Seattle and one for Portland. However I am not exaggerating when I say that I took about 1000 over pictures. So sorting and editing them is taking me some time. I am aiming at getting the post up by next week hopefully. However, it will be featuring only a very very select few pictures that basically will sum up the hundreds of things we did there. If you want to see a raw, unedited and unsorted glimpse into my trip, click here. This is a Facebook album with all the pictures in it. I was updating this as I went along and so it would appear that some pictures have doubled over. Basically I'm in the process of cleaning that up as well. But yeah. Head over there. It's a lot more fun I promise.

3) To every author, publisher and friend that has sent me books or summaries or requests, I have seen them. And I haven't replied about a quarter of you because I have been so busy and I have been pretty much out of wifi. From what I know, I will be starting doing book reviews and getting back into reading again as of today so if you have an email that has yet to be replied, I'm so sorry but you could send me a little reminder and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

4) I AM SO HUNGRY OMG

5) My reading schedule has been so screwed up by the trip. So I read the entity of Colleen Hoover's new novel, 'Confess', on my flight to Seattle. Then I did pretty much zero reading at all while I was in America. Then, on the flight home, I finished reading 'My Heart And Other Black Holes'. Which I sort of only remember hazily because my goodness my body clock was so screwed up and that flight was like travelling forwards in time or something because we completely lost the 1st of April. It was so weird. I was sleeping and reading and I kept falling asleep with my Kindle in my hands and I'd wake up and just flip it open and continue and then fall asleep over it again. Oh goodness. That flight was not great. Anyway I'm now reading 'Red Queen' by Victoria Aveyard. It's my first fantasy book since I read the Mortal Instruments series in January last year. I've been contemporary all the way since so I wanted to change that a bit. So far it's slow progress but I'm really loving it.

6) I just went and had a cheeky Oreo to curb my hunger. WHICH REMINDS ME! LOOK WHAT I GOT!

I got the limited edition Peanut Butter Cup Oreos!! I've been dying to try a limited edition flavour and I was so excited when I found it in Fred Meyers. I've wanted the Red Velvet Oreos for the longest time. But this will do...for now.

7) I watched Cinderella in theatres two days ago and I'm not kidding, it was the first movie I've seen in theatres since about August last year. It's bad. I know. But Cinderella was so good and I'm actually listening to the soundtrack as I write this. Patrick Doyle did a fantastic job with the soundtrack. I'm in love with it.

8) I went drinking yesterday with one of my closest friends and this was my second time properly drinking. We went to China One and had a liquid buffet. Obviously it was my first. Anyway I did the one thing that my cousin always tell me not to do. I mixed drinks and I didn't balance it out with enough water. I had 5 drinks but since it was a buffet and 2 out of the 5 drinks were surprises, I only finished 2 drinks and a shot. I had about half of the rest. I had a Vodka Sprite, Bourbon Coke, Lychee Martini, Tequila Sunrise and we did a Tequila shot. I was more high then I've ever been but I held it together. I was swaying but I could (somewhat) walk straight. I managed to still have conversations with both my parents without doing anything funny. Anyway it was very fun and I enjoyed it so much. It was also the first time I've ever done a tequila shot with the salt and lemon so that was exciting.

Choker: Claire's
Top: American Eagle
9) If you're wondering how I did my hair, it was sea salt spray from 'Not Your Mother's'. I sprayed it on while my hair was still damp (newly washed). Then I just scrunched it up a bit. No brushing. That was key. My hair was still drying when this was taken but it looked good.

I think that's really all for now. I don't know if anyone read that long post but if you did, congratulations! You now know more about my last few weeks then my parents do (I didn't tell them what  drinks I did). Anyway stay tuned for more book reviews and other fun stuff. I'm so excited to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment