Wednesday 15 April 2015

More For The Heart By Ekta Garg


“Making The Proposal”: Readers learned in Two for the Heart about the end of Pooja and Akshay’s unique arrangement—get married and then prepare their divorce papers—but did you wonder how it began? Just how did Pooja and Akshay make this crazy deal in the first place? Find out in this first story in More for the Heart.“Reminiscence”: In Two for the Heart, sisters Rose and Helen reconnect with great reluctance after an 11-year estrangement. These two women have spent more than a decade apart. What convinces Rose to stay this time around? Sit at the table with Rose and watch her internal transformation in the second story in More for the Heart. -Goodreads
-
When Ekta emailed me to tell me that her next book in her Stories In Paris set was out, I was super excited. I throughly enjoyed her first book in this set and I couldn't wait to see how she proceeded with the storyline.

I was thankfully not disappointed. 

The second instalment of the series went backwards in time. It explored the beginning of Pooja and Akshay's 'marriage' and it goes into the reasons why Rose decided to stay and take care of her injured and grieving sister. 

I truly enjoyed going deeper into the psyche of these characters. In my review of Ekta's first book in the series, I mentioned that I thought the stories would do well as full novels. I think with this second book, I understood what Ekta has been trying to do here. She's been trying to create a full novel but in bits and pieces. It's such a unique idea that I haven't really seen much of before. 

I had a few issues with the the way Ekta wrote in some parts. I found some parts to be repetitive and staggered and while that did impact the flow of the story at some parts, it wasn't too much of an issue. I actually had a lovely discussion with Ekta regarding her writing style. By the way, she is so so nice. One of the nicest authors I've come across. 

Overall this was an extremely lovely read. I enjoyed it a lot and I think it's something that anyone would love. 

-
My Rating: 3/5
*This book was given to me by the author to read and review*
Purchase the books at The Book Depositary using my special link Here

No comments:

Post a Comment